Monday, July 20, 2009

Jon's bike ride

I don't know if you remember the blog posting about the dog awhile back where I explained that parents should not open their fat mouths until they know all the facts. Well....I didn't listen to my own advice. Earlier this summer I told Jon that I'd buy him a brand new bike as soon as he learned how to ride his without training wheels. I figured that would buy me some time, because no kid learns how to ride a bike the first time. Recently, Jon has been asking me to take the wheels off his bike because he thought he was ready to try it out. I, like a good dad, kept saying, "remind me and I'll take them off tomorrow." And tonight was the night, I no sooner climbed out of the car than he was attacking me with the request to remove them, so I obliged and told him to get his helmet because I was sure he was going to crash and burn. And here's the video of his first try.



I guess I owe the kid a bike.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Hey Jonnie, nice ride, now your ready to have some real fun. I knew you could do it. Take care buddy.

Grandpa