Monday, July 20, 2009

And the winner is......

So, Jonathon won the prize for "First Visit to the Emergency Room", Kayla got the prize for "First Surgery", but Lily had to push the envelope and surge ahead of both of them, not only did she receive the prize for "First Extended Stay in the Hospital" a mere week after she was born....oh no, that wasn't enough for her!! Today she shoots to the head of the pack and wins the award for "First Child to Get Stitches".

After her shower this morning, Lily was playing in the living room on her little purple chair, when she got a little over excited when Clifford came on. She started rocking her chair and over it went! Her poor little face went straight into Jamie's tuner. She totally split her lip open. Blood everywhere and me wrapped in my towel!!! Why is it that these types of accidents never happen when you have two parents at home? Nope, it's me all alone trying to figure out whether I am over-rereacting and her injury isn't really that bad, or if she really does need stitches. I hate making decisions like this!!

I ended up taking Lily in to the Emergency Room (we finally get to use the accident insurance that I signed up for and Jamie has to stop giving me a hard time!) and she did have to get stitches. Four of them. Two on the inside of her lip and two on the outside. She handled it like a trooper and got lots of compliments from the hospital staff. She even got a new teddy bear out of the event. It has lovingly been named, Stitches!



No comments: