Saturday, October 3, 2009

The flower girl made her daddy cry

It's true, the flower girl at a wedding we went to recently made her daddy cry....but that isn't saying much her daddy is kind of a pansy. Jenni's cousin, Charley, asked Kayla to be her flower girl for the wedding and of course Kayla said yes. So we made the trip up to Nebraska for the event and went through the normal wedding weekend hoopla. I had dropped Kayla and Jenni off at the hair stylist early in the day and then went back to the hotel to kill some time with Jon and Lily until it was our turn to participate as guests. I had seen Kayla in her dress at home and yet I still wasn't prepared for what I was about to see when I got to the church, my little girl was a little princess. She had her hair done, her dress on, her high heels, and all I could think about was, "What am I going to do when this is Homecoming, Prom, or HER WEDDING?!?" I was a little over-whelmed and teared up a little, just look at her, I'm sure you understand.



The events did wear her out a little, she took a quick snooze at dinner with her God-mother Ashley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Kenzie was that age at my wedding ... doesn't seem that long ago, does it??? Better buy some stock in Kleenex now. : )

Jenny