Sunday, July 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Towards the beginning of June I go to a massive audio video geek conference for work and this year it was in Vegas. Jenni and I had talked about her trying to go with me a long time ago, because neither one of us had ever visited Sin City, but that looked like it was going to fall through. But just a few days before I was suppose to leave our plans changed massively and Jenni was able to go out to stay with me. I flew out pretty uneventfully on a Monday morning, Jenni was on a different flight later that day. Only it turned out to be really late on Monday, she was slated for a 2pm flight out of KC, but instead it was canceled and she didn't get out of the airport until 10pm. Luckily with the time change she landed in Vegas at 11pm. Still, I had to go pick her up at an unfamiliar airport in the dark, and it did a good job of raising my blood pressure.


We had a good time, I went to my classes and the conference show floor and Jenni spent her day reading by the pool. Then in the evenings we walked the strip and looked at all the bizarre people. And then one night we took in the Medieval knights show at Excalibur. It was fun, just look at the meal.

The bad news was that we were big losers at the slots, we lost a total of five whole dollars. It was a fun "adult only" trip, the kids split time with thier grandparents.

No comments: