Sunday, October 28, 2007

Walkin' the walk

Alright, we spend a lot of time talking about bull riding and this past weekend the kids and I finally walked the walk and climbed on the huge animal...kinda. Jenni and I took the kids to the American Royal Family Fun Day on Saturday and they had rodeo university for the kids where they could climb on replica horses and bulls and learn how to rope and ride. So Jonathon and Kayla took thier turns on the devices, it was kind of funny because the lady that was helping the kids learn to ride bulls was suprised when Jonny Robert hopped aboard, tied down and told her with a nod of the head, "Okay, let's go." And the kid looked like he was a champ. Kayla also showed off her abilities and made mommy and daddy proud that our little girl could conquer the big plastic beast.



Well the babies got thier rides in and it was time for Old Daddy to put up or shut up, so I was convinced by my lovely bride and two beautiful babies to give the mechanical beast the ride of it's life. Jenni, decided that just taking a picture of this momentus occasion wouldn't be good enough so she quickly used our camera to take a video. I'm going to try and share the last little bit with you all. I think you will all agree that I whipped that bull.



Although the next morning I sure didn't feel like I whipped it, I now understand the use of chaps.

No comments: