Saturday, June 16, 2007

The killing of the bull

Okay, so this one is going to take a little bit of imagination on your part. Every now and then, good ole Jonny Robert, drops into cowboy mode and pretends to ride bulls and rope steer. So, not too long ago I had taken a small amount of scrap wood from around the house and built my little cowboy a roping toy. It was pretty much a saw horse with a head. One night while I was out in the yard with the kids, Jonny Robert roped that bull AND PULLED ITS HEAD OFF. I was laughing my chops off while he drug it around the yard yelling excitedly, "I killed the bull, dad, I killed the bull." I went to get Jenni to have her join me in this moment of funny when Jonathon yelled to Kayla (who had now joined him in his chant and laps around the yard), "Let's tie it up." We got the camera out in time to capture the beautiful moment that our little cow pokes posted thier quarry.



Look closely at the bottom of the tree and you'll see the "head". Don't worry....I've already played doctor and grew that bull and new head, hopefully stronger this time.

P.S. - Do you know how hard it is to explain that cattle roping isn't suppose to kill the cow, when you're laughing that hard?

No comments: